ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE: LOWER YOUR NICOTINE LEVEL
The e-cigarette is a real alternative to the classic cigarette. In addition to preserving the health of smokers and that of their loved ones, it is much less dangerous for the environment compared to traditional cigarettes. But, its main advantage remains the possibility for its users to regulate the level of nicotine found there, and therefore lower it. It is for this reason that the vape is considered to be the best way to quit smoking. If you want to gradually reduce your nicotine dose, here’s how you should go about it.
Opt for a nicotine dosage adapted to your smoking habit
When you are new to vaping, it is normal that you do not know the dosage of nicotine that is right for you, since you were used to smoking classic cigarette rods. In this regard, the ideal would be to seek advice from a professional in the field to know the level of nicotine that you can absorb with your vape. Nevertheless, there are a few clues that allow you to estimate the dose of nicotine you need based on your consumption as a smoker:
- If you take more than 15 cigarettes a day, your nicotine level should be 16 mg/mL.
- If you smoke between 10 to 15 rods a day, your ideal nicotine dose is 11 mg/mL.
- Assuming you smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day, your nicotine level should be between 3 to 6 mg/mL.
Make the switch to e-cigarettes
For smokers, the transition to vaping is not easy, especially if they have been using traditional cigarettes for a long time. This is because smoking and vaping are not quite the same although the feeling is about the same. While for some people the transition is almost instantaneous, it may take longer for others.
If you want to quickly adapt to the electronic cigarette, you must appreciate its use. However, that doesn’t mean you have to rush. To familiarize yourself with the e-cigarette, you can at the very beginning alternate its use with the consumption of tobacco. To do this, reserve your cigarette stalks only for times of stress or during coffee breaks at work. And, for the rest of the time, get used to the vape. The trick is to reduce your tobacco consumption while using your vape as often as possible.
In addition, to avoid breakdowns during your transition, make sure that the tank of your electronic cigarette is always full.
Gradually reduce your nicotine level
When you have successfully switched to electronic cigarettes, this means that you are now able to gradually reduce your nicotine dosage. However, since it is a personal decision, there are no particular methods to follow to achieve it. In this regard, ask your electronic cigarette supplier to offer you e-liquids with decreasing nicotine levels in stages. In concrete terms, you can easily lower your nicotine dose if your seller can offer you e-liquids with a nicotine level varying between 0 to 19 mg/ml.
However, most manufacturers offer levels of 0, 6, 12 and 18 mg/ml. To this end, you can reduce your nicotine dose in three ways:
- Alternate two nicotine dosages when you vape: for example, by choosing a nicotine level of 18 mg/ml and another of 12 mg/ml, you reduce your nicotine consumption, because you get used to the dosage of 12 mg/ml while using the level of 18 mg/ml.
- Buy a 12 mg/ml and a 6 mg/ml vial, and mix them to obtain a nicotine strength of 9 mg/ml.
- Lower the nicotine level to a very low level (6 mg/ml) for a while until you no longer have the pleasure of vaping. After that, the nicotine level (12 mg/ml) must be increased to a level lower than the initial rate (18 mg/ml), to feel satisfaction due to vaping again.
Moreover, if you have the privilege of making your e-liquids, this allows you to choose a specific nicotine level. This way, you can reduce your nicotine consumption more easily.
Limit your nicotine level with the right equipment
You should know that newer e-cigarette models have a lower average nicotine level compared to older e-cigarettes. In addition, they consume more e-liquids compared to their predecessors. Therefore, by using a modern electronic cigarette, you will feel like you are inhaling more vapours while you are absorbing much less nicotine than usual.